Custom Search
KnowGod.org
Addiction: Year of origin: 1595–1605; the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice, or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Won’t Be Set On Fire Anytime Soon

PORTLAND-A man set himself on fire Wednesday morning in front of Nicholas Ungar Furs in Portland, Oregon. KOMO 4 News, among others, reported on the incident and their story can be read on the KOMOnews.com site.

fiery_fur_protest According to the Multnomah County medical examiner, the man was identified as 26-year-old Daniel Shaull from Kansas.

It is not clear if Daniel was protesting the use of animals in the making of fur coats, though according to KOMO 4 news, witnesses did hear the man screaming, “Animals are dying!” He screamed this as fire lapped around him and soared above his head.

He had doused himself with gasoline, and then set himself ablaze. Cops at the scene put out the flames with fire extinguishers. He later died from those injuries at the hospital.

I will protest with signs bouncing and scream right along with the others when it is a cause I believe in. Be it finding alternative measures than prison for helping drug addicts, saving animals, saving kids, saving undeveloped forest land, if I believe it worthy of my protests, I’m gung-ho and pack a lunch.

But setting myself on fire is something I would never even think of doing, much less follow through with.

I love small, furry, cute, ugly, and even smelly animals. To me, they are one of the blessings God has given us to enjoy on His planet. But lighting myself afire to save them is something I would never do.KOMO

Am I just not as committed as I should be? I’ll admit that being on fire scares me to no end. So am I a coward for not supporting Daniel’s efforts to save innocent animals?

I believe, sadly enough, Daniel may be a victim of some sort of mental disorder. He went to lengths most activists will not go, but certainly not for the saving of animals when there are issues on the table right now having to do with things so much more important.

And even those issues, I’ll admit, will not receive my charred support.

Am I wrong for believing I can do much more for a cause alive and healthy than burnt and dying?

I think not, but what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, spit it out!

Custom Search

OxyContin

"The power painkiller OxyContin is being abused by more and more people across United States. The heroin-like effects of the drug attract both legitimate and illegitimate users. Although the diversion and abuse of OxyContin appeared initially in the eastern U.S., it has now spread to the western U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii. As a result, OxyContin-related adverse health effects increased markedly in recent years."

Drug War Facts

ø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤WEDOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„RECOVERº¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤WEDOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„RECOVERº¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤WEDOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„RECOVERº¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤WEDOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„RECOVERº¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤WEDOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„RECOVERº¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤WEDOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„RECOVERº¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤WEDOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„RECOVERº¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤WEDOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø

















Check out my published content!
Join Associated Content

Crystal Meth: the Threshold for Corrupting America's Youth

Crystal Meth: the Threshold for Corrupting America's Youth

Reason #1 to Stop Using Methamphetamine

Reason #1 to Stop Using Methamphetamine